Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mother Mary Indeed...

Sometimes, we meet such people in life's course, whom neither we know nor have any reason of meeting henceforth. But, sometimes they indeed live some pleasant memories in our mind to relish forever. Today, some of our friends had planned a get - together at a spot, which though I had seen, had never heard its English name before. So, I was waiting for those friends so that I could follow them on my cycle.

I was waiting for quite some time in front of Biju Pattnaik's house, when a simple looking lady came and asked me where was my house and what I was doing there. She talked to me in a sweet manner and on certain occasions, compared me with her daughter. She talked nothing extraordinary, but, that was the most extraordinary. She talked to me in such a familiar manner as if she had known me for ages and without knowing my name, she had comforted me and was indeed standing there instead of going home just to accompany me.

Then, talking about other things, suddenly she touched the pimples on my face and said that if my friend was late, then I could accompany her to her home and she would apply some medicine on my pimples. Later, she asked me to call her up on her number to ask the name of that medicine. Then, I bade her a Good Bye and she put her hand over my head, which feeling was heavenly.

I had never thought of my pimples that much, let alone eradicating them. But, I called her up just because I had told her I would. It was really soothing to hear her familiar voice again. She told she could not know the name from that sachet and would call me later.

In this world, people may not care for you if they don't benefit from you. But, that lady had indeed inspired me put aside that feeling. On this Holy occasion of Christmas, she was for me Mother Mary spreading her message of selfless love and the spirit of "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam"...

2 comments:

  1. You are really to have had such an experience, more so on such a day! You are blessed in some unique way and should always remember that though at times we may feel lonely and down, such incidents remind us that goodness still exists

    ReplyDelete